A Data Developer is a company's technical support on Big Data Projects, producing technical documentation, alongside working with the architecture, provision, tuning and development of various distributed systems (including Hadoop). A Data Developer is a good problem solver with excellent analytical skills. Data Developers work within a team delivering data projects to budget. Data Developers use Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or IBM DB2. Here at The Big Data Jobs Board you'll find a fantastic selection of big data and Yorkshire and Humber data developer jobs.
A Data Developer:
- Is responsible for such things as Hadoop development, loading data sets and pre-processing using Hive and Pig.
- Delivers Big Data solutions, maintains Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Designs big data solutions based on high-level architecture, they build cloud based platforms which allow easy development of new applications.
- Technically manage communication between the survey vendor and internal systems, working with other teams within the big data solution.
- Researches and explores the latest technologies and looks at how they can be applied to the company's to big data solution.
Big data Developers usually have over 5 years experience in programming and architecting back end language such as Java, J2EE, Core with a University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
JBoss, Spring, SpringMVC, Hibernate, REST/SOAP ,SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB experience is also preferred. Other beneficial experience a Data Developer would have is Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation. If you are looking for a Data Developer career, look no further, we have a great selection of the latest and best Data Developer jobs in Yorkshire and Humber.