My client, a European leader in digital transformation who provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings are growing their Java development team in London.
You will be part of a team working on a very high profile project and the work will be very interesting.
In this role you will be leading a team of Java Developers who will be dealing with development change as well as 2nd and 3rd line support.
The initial project will be within a multi-team Agile project making extensive use of open source technologies and methods including Behaviour Driven Development, Gherkin, Selenium, Jenkins, etc.
- Produce component designs and specifications of any size and complexity
- Produce integration test strategies, integration test plans and manage integration testing
- Undertake estimates for the creation and development of the full range of complex IT solutions and to ensure the estimates are achievable
- Maintain and develop a high level of knowledge, skill and competencies in software development for an extensive range of systems development project types
- Liaising with other phases or projects and external teams to ensure integration of technical solutions.
- Ensure that appropriate software configuration management processes for deliverables within the context of the phase are implemented
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Lead or Senior Software Engineer on large or complex software engineering programmes / projects with multiple software development teams
- Strong core Java Enterprise Edition (Java 6+) development skills and understanding of Java design principles
- Extensive skills with the Spring Framework and modules including Spring Security and Spring Web Services
- Agile Development Approaches including, but not limited to, Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work on client site
- Very motivated to build excellent code and progress towards design
Applicants should ideally have experience of the following:
For this role you will either have or be able to through Security Clearance so as a minimum you must have lived and worked in the UK for the last 5 years.
For more information please contact Gary Simpson on 0141 2727720
Search Consultancy is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.