Data Scientist - Interim - 12 months
My client want to quickly surface value from data, improve predictive capability, and utilise machine learning to automate existing processes or do things that are practically impossible to do manually.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for collaborating with business subject matter experts to discover the information hidden in various sources of content and data, helping our organisation make smarter decisions to reduce service failure and deliver better customer outcomes. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis, building high quality predictive algorithms and models, use machine learning techniques to classify data and content, and build recommendation systems.
This role is ideal for someone that can work with data science tools but also be able to translate and present to non-technical audiences. You will be gifted at being able to represent information in such a way that it looks great and is easy to consume and passionate about how information can be used to drive business value.
- BSc in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Information Management
- Experience designing complex relational databases for simultaneous multiple users
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SciKit-Learn, NumPy, MatLab, and Machine Learning toolkits such as Weka and Apache Mahout
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, Kibana, Power BI
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good scripting and programming skills, such as R, python, Java
Register and Apply
Login and Apply