You will be part of one of Europe's leading entertainment and telecommunications companies based out of Livingston. They are seeking a data engineer to be part of their development team within data technology and operations.
What will you do be doing?
You will be working to help deliver technical solutions to meet the requirements for the business. This will include following development standards and principles and meeting deadlines. As well as working alongside team members in the department and providing technical and domain input. You also may be required to assist with mentoring of associate developers and colleagues during the project lifecycle.
-A great understanding of large scale data, data warehouses and best principles and practice of managing them.
- Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS and of Netezza
- Experience of Unix scripting
- Experience in an ETL tool-preferably Ab Initio or Informatica but not essential.
- Experience in Python, Java or Spark- desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
Do you want to be part of a well established company with a great track record, brilliant benefits and dynamic team?
Then apply today to be considered.
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.