Data Analyst SQL/Oracle/DB2/Teradata £400-£500pd
N.B. My client hires exceptional people who are experts in their field -their minimum criteria is the equivalent of an upper second or first class honours degree from a top 20 university - Russell Group only within the UK. Candidates from outside the UK must have attended equivalent standard of University.
If you do not fit that criteria do not apply as my client will not consider your application.
My client is looking for someone with outstanding data management and manipulation skills. Primary responsibilities will be to understand business needs, and to specify, develop and manage technical processes for transforming and loading data into data models for use by Business Intelligence and reporting tools, and for statistical and predictive modelling.
* Contribute to the design of data models and architecture for use by Business Intelligence and reporting tools
* Design and develop data transformation and loading processes for the population and ongoing management of the data models and architecture
* Develop detailed knowledge of data structures and meanings from data sources across the client
* Perform QC and verification of data according to specified criteria. Take the initiative in managing data problems / exceptions
* Define and implement rules-based derived fields
* Thoroughly document the data transformation processes used
* Participate in cross-functional projects
Skills and Experience Required
* Experience and in-depth understanding of relational database modelling and structures
* Extensive experience working with very large data sets (preparing data and tables for presentation of analyses), independently and as part of a team.
* Experience in handling data quality and integrity issues
* Expert in SQL and database tools (e.g., Netezza, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Teradata).
* Experience with software development lifecycle including testing
* Experience with business intelligence data modelling techniques and tools
* Degree qualification in relevant discipline
Skills and Experience Desired
* Direct experience in preparing datasets for use in statistical and predictive modeling
* An interest in statistical and predictive modelling
* Skills in other coding languages such as R, Python, C++
* Experience in data warehousing, dimensional modelling, or NoSQL databases
Register and Apply
Login and Apply